Note to readers: The first aid homeopathic measures mentioned below can be used safely and effectively, until patient is taken to a nearby physician or hospital. The suggested remedies may not be considered as final line of treatment for any given condition. You MUST always consult your Primary Care Physician or a Licensed Medical Practitioner. Homeopathic Practitioners can only assist with Remedy selection and their advice should not be replaced with conventional medical care. In no case should conventional medical care be delayed or avoided.
1. Arnica Montana: Indications: a. Any kind of injury, especially bruises, sprain, injury to muscles, head, limbs, fall, etc. b. Arnica helps to relieve pain, control internal and external bleeding, help the state of shock, and enhance healing of the affected parts. c. Blows and Contusions d. In any form of injury, when not sure which medicine to administer, use Arnica!
2. Ledum Pal: Indications: a. Any POINTED INJURIES, as caused by pencils, pen, compass, nails, or any such sharp and pointed instrument. b. Injury to eyes or soft tissues around eyes c. When eye ball is injured by any ball, fist or any blunt object forcefully. d. Punctured wound: Stepping onto a nail
3. Symphytum: Indications: a. Injury to cartilages, ligaments, bones and soft tissues around joints. b. Injury to bone and fractures c. Heals fracture faster, even after surgery
4. Ruta Graveolens: Indications: a. Injury to fibrous tissues around joints b. Injury to wrist, ankle, shoulder, knee joints; while playing tennis, badminton, squash, cricket, foot ball, etc. c. Injury to eyes (Similar to Ledum) d. Bone injury and fracture (Similar to Symphytum)
5. Rhus Toxicodendron: Indications: a. Muscle sprain, injury to muscles b. Sprain of ankle, shoulder, knee and any other joint while playing strenuous sports, or fall. c. Muscle cramp
6. Apis Mellifica: Indications: a. Insect bite, rat bite, stings by bee, wasp, jelly-fish, etc. where there is redness, swelling, burning and stinging pains. b. Sudden allergic rash such as hives
7. Cantharis: Indications: a. Any form of burns: hot water or electrical b. Burns due to handling of chemical in the school laboratory
8. Hypericum: Indications: a. Injury to hypersensitive areas such as finger tips, toes. b. Injury to back, such as fall on the back
9. Bellis Perennis: Indications: a. Injury to abdomen as in blow with a fist or ball injury to abdomen b. Injury to chest and breast in young girls
10. Belladonna: Indications: a. Sudden fever b. Sudden pain in abdomen c. Sudden and acute headache, toothache, earache
11. Arsenic Album: Indications: a. Loose motions, diarrhea and / or vomiting b. Food poisoning c. Sudden attack of breathlessness (asthmatic breathing)
12.Gelsemium Indications: a. Fright, Shock, exam-phobia b. Extreme nervousness in the examination hall or on the stage c. Stage Fear